Monday, December 28, 2009

Testing, Testing...

A week ago there was some new buzz on the Cricut message board about a new program called Making the Cut.  It appeared to be along the same lines as SCAL (Sure Cuts Alot) a program I use currently use to cut all my SVG's with after putting them together in Inkscape. I down loaded the trial version and was impressed with the early stages of the program, it looks quite promising and easy to use. Needless to say I bought it due to the fact Andy the guy behind this program seems to be really on his toes and working diligently to get his new product up and going with all the bells and whistles everyone is looking for.  It imports SVG's and other image formats right into the program so they can be moderately adjusted and then cut.  This will work great for a large number of my library images and SVG's I have compiled.  I love that it lets me view the SVG files within the program prior to opening them on my mat. The same with viewing the fonts and moving, adjusting and welding text is a breeze.  Already in the works is the ability to shadow text, which is a must for me.  I know alot of the buzz is people are excited to be able to bypass Inkscape or a simular program but I don't find that the case for me.  I love Inkscape and the ability to rework entire images to get what I want and then save as an SVG to be cut within programs like SCAL or MTC.  This is a quick layout I cut with MTC to give it a test run.  The cuts were precise and it did well on the more intricut filigree pieces.  Kudos Andy I think you've got a winner!  The cut file for the pieces used have been saved in both SVG and MTC formats.


7 comments:

  1. Hola! I love your blog too and I just joined to follow you. You are very talented! I love your work. God bless you and all the work of your hands. Have a wonderful and blessed New Year! I am Beatriz and you just visited my cricut layout with the frogs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond fab....I adore it...the colors alone are so stunning but your creative design is simply lovely...I love the title as well and the pic is to die for...you are a true artist and I love to see your work...thanx for sharing your talent and inspiration with all of us....happy holiday hugs....sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout. I have the trial version and really can't wait to get the full one when I have the extra money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Word Art(s), Word Book(s) post on Dec. 28, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this will be a great product and can't wait to get it. Thanks for hooking me up. You do some really nice work.
    Suez

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is beyond beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layouts are just gorgeous - I am in total awe!

    ReplyDelete