Saturday, May 16, 2009

Paper flowers to bring in spring...















I joined the May challenge on the Cricut Community message board again this month. The theme is Cricut cut flowers and we have taken on the name Bloomin Bugs. Amy a fellow team member came up with a wonderful signature for this month. Flowers and sparkles, what could be better to head into the spring months. I was getting so weary of winter this year. Bring on the flowers even if they are just made of pretty paper. Well when I sat down to start this project two weeks ago I really couldn't decide what I wanted to do. When you think of Cricut cartridges and flowers it really brings up a vast amount of choices to choose from. For mothers day my daughters brought me over baskets of flowers so I thought that just may be a good base idea to build on. The flowers were cut using the Wedding and Walk in my garden carts. I chalked the edges, ran them through the Cuddlebug and layered them using bronze brads and pop dots. All the green foliage was cut with Storybook. My pot was done making two cuts using WIMG then cross cutting them, chalking the edges and weaving the pieces into a basket. Lattice was from the cart with the endless possibilities, Wildcard. I find that cart has so much on it that can be used for details in layouts. Of course my favorite butterfly comes from Indie (the small ones are from Pooh). I was in the dollar store this week and found a great deal on chipboard journaling pieces, 36 in each box. Most of the time the colors they offer are to bright but a little distressing and they are perfect. So the chipboard journaling piece completes my project. I haven't found the picture I want to use for this project yet but I'm sure before the summer is over it will be filled.

4 comments: