Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy holidays to everyone...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  Our family was blessed with a wonderful Christmas day gathering yesterday.  It always seems the more children present the more festive the day is. My three year old grandson, who totally believes in Santa, was a delight to watch.  Today I find myself still full from to much good food and still content for time well spent with family, so I thought I'd relax and spend the afternoon in my craft room.  This year my two daughter's put in their request for presents from my craft room and I must admit I had fun doing these projects.  One was a shadow box for my oldest daughters bathroom.  She wanted a picture to tie into the theme she had used but couldn't find anything she liked that matched in the stores.  So with the help of my eight year old granddaughter as creative consult on  the paper selection and trims this is what we came up with. 































The shadow box is 10x20 inches and the items in it are layered at various heights to make it look 3D, like it is standing in a room. The corset is cut from 2 layers of pearlized paper then trimmed with satin ribbon, lace and flat backed pearls.  I added gel pen stitching and gathering on the gathers to give it a bit more dimension.  My cut file was done in Inkscape and cut with SCAL2.  Although I love the ease of all my Cricut cartridges I find I gravitate back to using Inkscape to get those really individual cuts I need.  I very recently bought the new program called Making the Cut and so far I must say I really like the ease of it.  I have yet to make a cut with it due to getting ready for Christmas but will try giving it a work out this week.  If anyone wants the cut file for my shadow box I would love to share.  Here are the links to the SVG - Corset & Stand, SCAL2 both layers. If anyone would like the MTC version I will be testing that out in the next couple days so let me know. 
It has been far to long since I've posted or just relaxed and crafted these past months.  Life just seems to keep getting in the way sometimes.  You think I would  have learned by now taking time to scrap  is the best stress reliever there is for me.  My doctor should just tell me to take 2 asprin, make 1 layout and call him in the morning.  LOL.

10 comments:

  1. This is one of the most amazing cuts I've seen in awhile. The detail is great, I bet she loved it. Had to laugh at the last comment, its always hard to decide to nap while they're napping or have fun in my scrap corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have missed your posts. Hope all is well and look forward to your work in the coming year. Hope you still do svgs along with your new program. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Dec. 27, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is amazing! Thank you for sharing your talen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! Thank you for sharing, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling Corset and stand. Thank you for sharing the scut file. I can't wait to make a card. Since I have been making Vintage Hat boxes and Fascinator hats, it will be a perfect card. You can view my Hat boxes and Fascinator hats on my blog if you like. Thanks again. Happy Crafting!

    http://cardsbygeyda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete