Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Black & white or color...

This is the first of my layouts using the new stacks I bought yesterday. The background paper came form the Paper Pizazz Heritage stack. Each year my daughters take all the kids to have their portraits taken together and it always gives me a wealth of ideas for layouts. I have a love of black and white photos, they tend to be my favorite to work with. Color photos I find you have to blend in the basic colors in the photo with your page color scheme while black and white allows you can choose the color the photo makes you feel. For that reason many times I will make my color photos b&w or just add a touch of septa tones . With this layout I loved the colors in the photo and they seemed to tie in well the the paper I had picked to work with. I wish I could say I had a process of how I pick my paper or pictures but I don't. Sometimes I find a photo and work from there. Other times I find a paper I want to use and work form there. Sometimes when the scrapbook Gods are smiling on me I get an I idea that brings to mind a picture and paper at the same moment. I love those layouts that just come together, because I tend to be one of those scrapers that tweaks a page until it feels right.

















4 comments:

  1. This is one of the prettiest pages I have ever seen SuzeQ! And Zoe is BEE-U-T-FUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute LO! Zoe is a doll:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable darling , sooooo cute fantastic layout
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete