Friday, January 23, 2009

Punch a paper garden...

It's hard sometimes to remember even making die cuts without my Cricut. All the paper shaper scissors and small simple punches sat on my shelf gathering dust. When the Design Studio software came out for Cricut it opened a whole new world of die cuts. With a little imagination and a lot of patience it was amazing what could be made. Then I found a wonderful program called Sure Cuts A lot (SCAL) that turned fonts and dingbats into die cuts. But then as so often it happens, what was old becomes new again. Fiskars, Marvy, EK Sucess and Martha Stewart have put out some amazing punches. Martha Stewart's holiday punches seem to be a favorite and become scarce shortly after release. I love her flower and leaf punches and the embossed button punch is one of my favorites. I hope she decides to put out an embossed flower punch that mimics the Prima type flowers in the future. The EK Success corner punches are another punch I often use. Punches take so little paper that all those pieces I have saved from my Cricut cuts are an endless supply for my punches. My grandmother used to say waste not want not and I'm a firm believer in trash (scraps) to treasures. So as I watched a PBS Jane Austen movie I made flower treasures. They turned out to be just what I needed for the dozen note cards I had to make.





2 comments:

  1. These are great! I save all of my scraps too...you never know when you'll need a scrap. Love the centers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful stuff, and I just love those paper flowers. We are thinking along the same lines, I have been hoping for Martha embossed edge flower punches for a while. Love your blog
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete